200 Braddell Road Singapore 579700
Building and Construction Authority
1. The Green Buildings Innovation Cluster (GBIC) Programme (Green Buildings Innovation Cluster (GBIC) Programme | Building and Construction Authority (BCA)), is an integrated research, development and demonstration (RD&D) hub set up under the Urban Solutions and Sustainability (USS) domain, administered by BCA. To further push the boundaries of energy efficiency in buildings, NRF has in 2022 allocated an additional $45 million to BCA to enhance the GBIC programme (GBIC2.0) in 2022 to support the research, prototyping and demonstration of green building technologies.
2. Under the Singapore Green Building Masterplan, BCA will work with stakeholders to deliver three outcomes; (a) 80% of our building GFA by 2030, (b) 80% of new developments to be SLE from 2030 onwards and (c) for best-in-class buildings to achieve 80% energy efficiency improvement from 2005 levels by 2030, which will require building owners and their project teams to look at innovations and various ways to push the boundaries and improve their buildings’ energy efficiency.
Scope of Challenge Call
3. This Challenge Call will focus on high-rise commercial office and hotel buildings, with the aim to address their challenge statements and co-create solutions to push the boundaries and improve energy efficiency.
4. BCA had sought the interest from developers, building owners and building operators to identify building projects facing challenges and to tap on this Challenge Call to solicit innovative technologies and solutions to address these challenges.
5. This call is to reach out to local and global technology firms, environmental sustainability design (ESD) consultants and local research institutes with the relevant technology or innovative solutions to address the identified challenge statements. Participants must be driven to develop and test their solutions along with the challenge statement owners in Singapore.
6. For more details on the thematic challenge call, please refer to the documents below.
7. For Demonstration Challenge Call submission, interested applicants are required to complete their proposal using the prescribed application form (Annex C) below and submit it to: BCA_Challenge_Call@bca.gov.sg by 29 May 2023, 2359 hours (Singapore time).
8. For R&I (i.e. R&D or Product Prototyping) Challenge Call submission, interested applicants are required to submit proposals through the Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS) at https://researchgrant.gov.sg/ with the supporting documents by 12 May 2023, 1800 hours (Singapore time).
9. Please download the recorded briefing session at this link.
10. Please download the slides decks of the briefing session at this link.
11. Should you have any enquiries, please email to the GBIC Secretariat at BCA_Challenge_Call@bca.gov.sg.
In collaboration with the building owners and industry, we are developing a series of publications on High-Performance Super Low Energy Buildings. These publications will help to raise awareness and facilitate knowledge sharing on green building solutions. Find out more for the first publication on Keppel Bay Tower.